- Situational contexts in daily life. (e.g. telephone conversations, giving directions, making a complaint, etc.)
- Development of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Vocabulary enrichment
- Interactive lessons and activities
- Audio tool to practise pronunciation, enunciation, modulation and intonation.
- 56 lessons, 30 grammar items, 168 practices
- This program was selected as finalist in Asia Pasicfic ICT Award (APICTA) 2012
- FOC trillingual translation book (English - Malay - Chinese)
This courseware is intended for secondary school and adult learners. The aim of this courseware is to build English learners' confidence in speaking the language by developing their communicative ability in real-life situations.
Toward that end, we have adopted the communicative language teaching approach for our courseware. This approach highlights learners' communicative competence, which is the learners' ability to efficiently express what they mean in the target language (English) and successfully achieve communications in real-life situations.
COMMUNICATIVE LANGUAGE TEACHING – THE RATIONALE
We use language for communication. But language is more than just a tool for communication – it has implicit social and cultural elements. Merely learning the linguistic aspects of English cannot successfully engage learners in real-life communications. Learners also need to acquire pragmatic competence – the capacity to incorporate cultural knowledge into language use and choose appropriate language in different sociocultural contexts. The communicative language teaching approach that we employ focuses on teaching learners to efficiently use English in different contexts. By involving learners in a wide range of meaningful interactive situations, we can expect them to be progressively fluent when communicating in English.
One other purpose of this communicative approach is to create more comprehensible input. Through meaningful communication, learners have opportunities to notice the linguistic gap between their own first language and English. It is a long-held belief that this kind of gap-noticing can help learners know what is still needed to be learned, and this benefits the learning process.
MAKING THE MOST OF THE COURSEWARE
What is in the package:
- 5 CD-Roms
- Trilingual translation book (English, Malay, Chinese)
Weight: 650 g
Package size: 27.0cm x 19.5cm x 4.5cm
Free delivery within Peninsular Malaysia